Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Brent

Default sources of wood

Yes, I'm getting to the point where I have to turn down offerings from
neighbors, friends, and family because I've got so much. This is the
beauty of turning verses other types of woodworking - just about any
part of the tree can be used.

One suggestion if you haven't already - buy a good chainsaw and proper
horse ot hold logs while cutting. Borrowing a chainsaw got to be a bit
tiresome, when I had so much wood to cut.

Also, your better half would appreciate if you kept logs in a somewhat
systematic piling. Having wood just 'thrown' around in the backyard
has yielded several complaints.