Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rear half of a truck chassis plus imaginaton...

...perhaps an interesting project for the home shop:
http://www.drivebuv.org/b_u_v.htm

Not really a new idea. The Chinese have been making them
for decades. Sort of a combination of a diesel Planet Junior
and a farm cart:
http://www.livingtravel.com/asia/chi...hengdu0105.JPG
You can haul an amazing amount of stuff in a simple cart
like that, if you don't have to go far or fast...

Salvaging pickup truck beds and frames is old, too. Heck,
even I've done it:
http://home.comcast.net/~glyford/trailer/trailer.htm
Grab a two-wheel tractor and change out the hitch and you're
there. (Though personally, I'd probably use a 4x8 utility trailer
for such a project, the pickup bed one I made is a little heavy).

--Glenn Lyford