Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default M head collet question

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:39:26 -0500, "wayne mak"
wrote:

I was given an M head with a Rockwell mill I bought, the M head had no
collets. I cut the tang off a MT2 drill to see how it fit (I didn't think it
would) and the MT2 is to small it goes up in the spindle a bit. So it looks
like this is either a BS 7 taper or perhaps a bridgeport taper. So whats the
best way to determine the taper without a bunch of collets to test?

Its likely to be a 7 taper. Few BP tapers were ever used

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3