Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default Science Advisor

Scott Nudds wrote:
Cliff wrote in article
I expect that you can explain the melting glaciers & polar ice,
warming oceans, warming planet & rising seas .....

wrote
Basic physics - and personal observation - tell me that a glass full of

ice
and water does NOT overflow when the floating ice melts........so....IF

the
glaciers floating in the oceans do melt, it will NOT raise the ocean
levels.

Well, physics tells us it will but only sigltly. This due to a cooling of
subarctic ocean water. But that's another story.

What is significant of course is the ice that is on land, Glaciers
primarily in Greenland and Antarctica that are observed to be in rapid
decline.

And there are about 200,000 glaciers on the planet, of which about 10%
are monitored. And some are growing, in Iceland among other places.

Are you aware that the North American continent shows to be cooling, not
warming?