RWL

Default Warping when Hardening and Tempering

On 20 Oct 2003 18:40:08 -0700, (Beecrofter) wrote:

Drawing temper in molten solder might be a usefull trick for you to
try.50/50 is liquid at 417°F and radio solder at 361° F

I hadn't mentioned it in one of my posts, but before I bought an oven
thermometer, I tried doing this with my lead melting pot. The
wheelweight alloy was difficult to keep liquid at much below 500º, but
in the end I got nice dark straw temper color on the steel.

What is the tool intended to do?

They're blades for peg shavers to put the correct taper on ebony pegs
for string instruments (violin & viola). They look like big pencil
sharpeners.

RWL

******* Remove _NOSPAM_ to reply via email *******