Posted to alt.home.repair
No

Default Running wires...

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the advise, I think you guys have convinced me to stay away
from this solution and go with the sleeve! Although, one question that
I have from the previous reply: you said to never run a plastic coded
cord through a wall, is that true in the case of power cords for TV's
and computers and things like component cables for DVD players etc..?
Thanks,
Dan

Those types of things are low or no voltage and if done properly the outer
casing of the wire will not give off toxic smoke if burned. Its called
Plenum rated or some such thing. They are fine.

Its the lamp cord with AC electric that should not be used.

See my other reply for another option.