Posted to alt.home.repair
hvactech2

Default Charging an A/C system in winter

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 23:43:20 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:16:05 GMT, Ken wrote:

I am planning on having my heating/AC system replaced soon. Is it
possible to charge the system with R22 EFFECTIVELY with the outside
temperature at about 50 degrees F? I realize there is a way of
calculating an amount of Freon to be loaded, but can the system be
checked for optimum charge while the temperature is so low??? Or

I would think it would be easier to charge a system when the temp is
low, because it wouldn't require as much pressure. (as much freon,
but not as much pressure.) Whatever they charge it from has more
pressure than the house does, summer or winter.

Actually this is completely the opposite. youi can't charge it
accurately in cold weather due to the low pressures.
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail