Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob G.

Default Jointer or Planer?

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:14:43 GMT, "Pop"
wrote:

Hmmm, lots of good input; thanks, all who've responded so far.
I'll chaw that over & see what spits out.

One couple Q's if I may: How important is a vacuum attachment
for either? Will a shop-vac handle it or does it take a real DC?
I'm wanting to make this portable to roll it out of the way when
it's not in use.

I have both machines in my shop....and I also have two DUST COLLECTORS
a small 1 Hp unit dedicated to the planner...(and it fills up pretty
fast)....

On the other hand my Jointer is the ONLY Machine in my shop that is
not hooked up to either....I simply use a box under ot to catch teh
shavings...

I do gat a small amouth opf airborn dust when usong the jointer BUT I
have two Air Cleaners that eventually catchs most of that....

Ya Need a DC for t planer...after 40+ years I still see no need to put
one on my Jointer...

Bob G.