Posted to rec.woodworking
Renata

Default Freud or CMT saw blade

For the folks raving about Forrest, here's a tale I heard.

Forrest is a family run company and is running out of generations
interested in staying in the business. So, not too far down the road,
there may no longer be a Forrest, or, at least, not the one you're
used to.

Freud has a blade that leaves a no-further-planing-needed edge. Don't
know how long it'll last w/that fine a cut. I believe it was only
$50.

Renata

On 19 Mar 2006 05:08:22 -0800, "BD" wrote:

Anyone out there had much experience with either of these. I'm getting
a new combination blade and have gotten various opinions from people I
know. Its between the Freud "Cabinet Maker" and the CMT "General".
I'm trrying to stay away from Forrest because of the cost. Also I have
had several people recommend the Dewalt "Woodworker" blade. Any
thoughts?