Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Devonshire

Default OT - windshield wiper blade refills?

On the day of Wed, 22 Mar 2006 00:17:46 -0500...
Gerald Miller
typed these letters:

most universal refills are 24" long - cut with diagonal cutters to
length, but they come in three widths so you either check the
manufacturers listing for your vehicle or buy "narrow" and squeeze the
carrier tabs to fit.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

I've never bought the universals. Maybe I should try them. I've
always looked up my vehicle in the little book that is with the
refills at the store and bought the ones that were intened for my
vehicle. I'm aware of two widths. I though the wide ones were for
American vehicles and the narrow ones for vehicles made everywhere
else. I'm not aware of the third width. I'm guessing the third
width is something more modern. If I buy the refills that were
intended for my vehicle I should not have to modify the factory arms
to accomodate them. But I have had to squeeze the factory arms and
trim the refills. This particular vehicle has hide away wipers. The
arms draw up under the hood when the wipers are turned off. I though I
could fix my refill problem by buying the replacement arms that were
intended for my make, model, and year vehicle. Which ought to fit my
vehicle. That way the refills would match up perfectly with arms
since they are the same brand. Once installed, the arms were too
tall to draw up under the hood

Devonshire

Devonshire