Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default OT - windshield wiper blade refills?

Tom Gardner wrote:
"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I'm starting to wonder if I pay more for refills if the blades would last
any longer. I live in the Seattle area, and the $2.99 wiper refills are
barely lasting through one winter anymore. OTOH these are the only wiper
refills I can find, the more expensive things involve selling you new arms
as well, so it isn't clear what you're paying for.

Any opinions? Hard information?

thx ..

GWE

Rainx every 6 weeks...3 coats. Blades last a LOT longer.

I agree, Rain-X is great.

Clean windshield with Super Clean or similar cleaner. Don't get it on
the paint. Wipe with newspaper.
follow with alcohol and a terry towel.
Apply rain-X, let it sit overnight if possible.

As for blades, get the whole blade, not just the refills.
Get a name brand - Anco, Trico, Bosch. I also like the looks of the
Rain-X blades, but haven't tried them yet.

And if your windshield is old and pitted, spend the $200 and get a new
one. It's worth it.