Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

Default Plusnet and Forte Agent combination. Losing headers

On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:51:46 +0000, chris French
wrote:

In message , Mike Halmarack
writes
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.

I'd watchout doing that -

Thanks for the tip. What you say is well worth considering. These days
there seem to be an increasing number of things to watchout for that
do exist, without rushing to add things that don't exist to the
watchout list.

it's almost certainly against you AUP with Plusnet.
- Using a domain name to which you probably don't have the
right's to. Plusnet could take dim view of it.

As I understand it Plusnet's T&C's are such that they can change them
to whatever they like at will. I'm not going to spend too much time
second guessing what is now and what's coming soon in the.
allowed/disallowed list.
I like to exercise as much personal freedom as I can, if it's not
hurting anyone else. If at any time my sins become too great for
Plusnet to bear, I'm sure they'll let me know about it.

If someone comes along and takes the name gooseeggisland.p.c (assuming
they already haven't, and you haven't) then they will be well ****ed off
to get all 'your' spam.

They will only be well ****ed off if and when they come into
existence. Like those people who might in future live in the currently
imaginary house next to mine. They may resent me parking in front of
their as yet non-existent garden gate. So, I should move my car now to
be on the safe side?

There are plenty of other ways of munging the address if you really feel
you have to.

http://www.2kevin.net/munging.html

Thanks that's interesting I'll have a look at that.

--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.