Posted to sci.electronics.repair
janek77

Default This hitachi P.S. is driving me nuts!

"Jason D." wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:28:45 -0500, "janek77"
wrote:

I've posted this before, but now I have some more info.
Here it is hitachi scope V1060 power supply:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/gamow/PS.gif

What I should do, just load one of any outputs:

for 12V positive output, I use 30 ohms 10W overrated but this is
converative to keep dummy load from overheating too much. This will
load down about .4A.

Or load 55V output I load it with 220 ohms 15W for .25A load.

By the way, I had a STK IC go soft on me, undervolting (sagging under
load causing TV to shut down on overcurrent and replace IC fixed this.

So in your situation replace ALL small caps in hot side (STK7308) and
a new STK7308.

The TR1514 is voltage regulator transistor to set specific voltage for
STK7308, Make sure this circuit is working correctly.

Also MEASURE all resistors in hot side. This sometimes fail. This
power supply is a hot side feedback regulation by monitoring the flux
density of the transmformer.

The type of waveforms under load is normal looking for this type of
STK IC with this kind of ringing on rising edge. I get this all the
time with STK 730.

Cheers, Wizard

I really apreciate what you said, thanks.
As for TR1514 circuit , could you give me any hints how to check it
properly?
Ie what to meassure (I've allready changed both zeners and the TR itself).
If you want me to post any specific measurements/waveforms just say what ?
I've checked the zeners with the scope and they both clamping at the correct
volages.
As far as replacing STK cip , I'm having hard time finding one locally,
may have to order one online, it'll take time.
Thanks again Wizzard.