Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff

Default Dishwater: fill valve question

Couple of hints:

I believe most dishwashers turn on the water to fill for a specific amount
of time. During this time the float valve will shut off the water, usually
nothing seems to be happening during this time. So listen to your fill
cycle and see if it behaves this way.

Another problem is if something prevents all the water from being pumped out
between cycles so that there is never really clean water. Check just when
drain pump stops and see how much water remains.

wrote in message
I've had chronic problems with my 4-year-old Kitchenaid dishwasher
leaving everything crusted with food particles.

I'm tempted to throw it away and get a Bosch.

When I open the door during a wash cycle, I notice that the heating
element is not immersed. Should it be?

My model has the "food chopper" so there are no removable filters to
clean.

I was reading about the possibility of a fill valve problem.

There is a "port" on the left side of the tub, about 6" up. It has a
plastic nut. Should I try to remove this and check for a clogged
screen?