Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default electrical question - Can romex be run though ceiling joists ?

perfectly fine to drill it, just stay at least 2 inches from the edge

"TimR" wrote in message news:gv0Uf.20$x11.18@fed1read10...
I have a flat roof territorial style home with 2 x12 ceiling joists though
out the home. This is also a slab home...so no basement or attic to work
in/through.

If I run additional electrical outlets/circuits/lines...can I drill a 1/2
3/4 inch hole along the path of my wiring in the ceiling joists to extend
my
romex to whatever location is planned ?

Otherwise...how do you do something as simple as installing a ceiling fan
circuit in any room ?

Thanks, Tim R