Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Running wires...

I just bought some small reading lights that I'd like to install over
my bed and I was hoping to run the wire (single wire for power) behind
the wall down to a power outlet at the baseboard. My concern is that
the power wire is very thin and I'm wondering if this is a potential
fire hazard; any ideas on that? My overall plan is to drill a small
hole just behind the light and let the wire dangle behind the wall, it
would come out near the baseboard where it will be connected to a surge
protector connected to a standard power outlet. Any issues with that
plan?
Thanks,
Dan