Posted to rec.woodworking
bent

Default STereo Cabinet Back Conclusion

not from the front, and filled.

In highschool I worked at a shop that did a lot of melamine (or wahtever its
is calleed) covered pc, like at banks etc.
I set my dimensions and they charged me 500. It was black, 100.00% covered.
Top was a 29" Sony TV. Over top was a 1200 tape deck. The cab was 24"
deep, about 5' high, 28" wide I guess. It looked great beside a pair of
Altec Lansing black speakers! 2000, about 5' tall. Monoliths.

Anyway the back was only about 3" or 4" or 5" in from the sides. But the
amp, about 7" or 8" high, had cable jacks right to the bottom. Mirrors,
flashlights, shims, drag! Not to mention the fact that the gold Monster
interconnects were so tight they could, and did, literally pull the jacks
right off the back of the Japanese motherboard!

The bottom had a skirt to hide the rollers. You couldn't tell what was
going on there from the front. From th eback, if I had Used the skirt as
part of the rim it would have looked good, especially if designed to be the
same dimension. The top obvoiusly had no skirt.