Posted to rec.woodworking
Mark Jerde

Default Chair Repair -- Warning: Ugly!

Woodhead wrote:
That Johnson guy on TV is your idle....Right?

Jim, laughing in KY

Jim -- I assume by "idle" you meant "idol", right?

Pardon me but I don't watch hardly any TV other than pro football and the
NBA finals. From 1982 to 1990 I didn't even own an "idiot box." Who is
this "Johnson guy" you mention?

I have built many things I'm proud of. Here's a printer stand I built of
oak and oak plywood to my wife's specifications.
http://www.markjerde.com/HPLJ3P%20Stand-(Medium).jpg

The point of my post was that I enjoy quickly making useful things even if
they don't get shellaced. I also enjoy using my tools to repair things that
998 people out of 1000 would have to throw in the trash. If you'll send me
$1000 I'll gladly replace my programming chair. ;-) I have much better
uses for my $1000 than replacing something I can fix for just a few $ so it
works for years.

-- Mark