Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Devonshire

Default OT - windshield wiper blade refills?

On the day of Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:40:47 -0800...
Grant Erwin
typed these letters:

I'm starting to wonder if I pay more for refills if the blades would last any
longer. I live in the Seattle area, and the $2.99 wiper refills are barely
lasting through one winter anymore. OTOH these are the only wiper refills I can
find, the more expensive things involve selling you new arms as well, so it
isn't clear what you're paying for.

Any opinions? Hard information?

thx ..

GWE

The biggest problem I have had is that a lot of the refills that I
have purchased don't fit the factory arms correctly. I really don't
want to buy replacement arms when I have perfectly good ones.
Perhaps I should look into buying OEM refills from a dealership?
I've not tried this so I have no clue as to the cost difference. I am
also disappointed in the off brand refills available to me at the
local auto parts store.

Devonshire