Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default RV Fridge?

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:50:44 GMT, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
wrote:

Gunner wrote:

Anyone got a source for a good used 8 cf 110 vt/propane reefer?

The 30 year old one in my old Aljo RV let out all the ammonia last
week. Phewww!

Its a built in of course..shrug. I have a small dorm type frig..about
2 cubic foot..which is bearly big enough for a half gallon of milk,
some hot dogs and the mayonaise. This will get me by for a while

Id trade Stuff for one. Online..repair shops want $450 to repair the
bitch..which is way more than I can afford

I can live with 110vt and no propane.

The problem is they're not 'home' repairable in any reasonable sense. The
Servel stack in them can be repaired, if it's not too corroded... just
steel. But recharging them is a special skill, requiring concentrated
ammonia solution or water and anhydrous NH4, and dry hydrogen... applied at
excruciatingly accurate amounts and pressures.

Still, $450 for a 'new' Servel Cycle reefer isn't a bad deal; priced new
ones lately?

LLoyd

Nope. But I can go to Sears or Ebay and get an Dorm sized reefer for
less than $100 delivered.

Which is still a lot of money for me.

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3