Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David C. Partridge

Default This hitachi P.S. is driving me nuts!

I still think that you should use the correct dummy load values to test the
PSU - I suspect that the values quoted on the schematic may not be steady
state values, but limits, in which case your dummy load should use higher
value Rs.

I think it is likely that a capacitor in one of the load circuits has gone
(partly or completely) shorted. Measure the resistance to ground on the on
the lines to the rest of the scope with the PSU disconnected - see if you
can spot one that has an unusually low value.

It's also well worth checking the values of all the high wattage resistors
(R1501, R1502, R1512 and R1522). Also check C1511 and C1513.

Dave
wrote in message
ups.com...

Well, -12V and 110V was left open, no load there.
If you add the loads together I dont think I'm overloading it.
Also dont forget when connected to the scope it overloads too.
The rest of the scope works fine.