Posted to rec.woodworking
dnoyeB

Default Quick connect/disconnect fittings for Dust Collector

Jay Pique wrote:
arw01 wrote:

I use 5" duct work for my portable collector. Two 10' hoses which are
connect to a 5" wye at the inlet for the impellar. One hose goes from
the jointer to the table saw, I move it depending on the machine. The
table saw has a 5' length of HVAC I bought at the BORG which puts the
end next to the jointer. Into these openings I use the Woodstock
(grizzly) 5" blast gates as they are tapered and slide in pretty well.

The other hose has a 5" to 4" reducer which I tapered by putting in
front of my propane heater and then slidding onto a floor sweep to make
a flare in it. This fits TIGHT to my DW735 and is used between it and
an adapter to various other tools like a OSS, or a vac hose, or a
sander hose.

Thanks for the replies. Anything will be better than the shopvac
"system" I'm using now. Amazon is a strange creature, I ended up
getting the DC and a $20 bag of biscuits for $223 after a $75 promotion
they were running if you bought $300 or more of tools. Free shipping
too. I can't imagine they're making much money off that transx. If I
get motivated I'll post a sum of my purchases and rebates over the past
month or so, all through amazon. Very low prices, IME.

JP

Can you show what you bought exactly? I used a shop vac on my Miter saw
for the first time this weekend and boy did I have an easy time cleaning
up after that.

I want to use it on my Craftsman table saw too but im going to need some
attachments and probably the flow is low for the huge opening on the
table saw. anyway if amazon is having a deal ill try em.

--
Thank you,