Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike

Default OT - Boat Transport

This is off-topic, but this group is full of about the most knowledgeable
people I have ever seen - and it does invlove moving a large object full of
mechanical parts so........

I need to ship a 23 foot powerboat across the country, from New Hampshire to
Oregon. The boat is on a trailer, but I would prefer to have it trucked or
rail shipped. Anyone with any recommendations, hints, or places to avoid?
Any ball park of what this might cost? If it's much over $2000 I will
probably just bag the idea. I have googled "boat transport", but I'm more
interested in "real world" experiences.

thanks in advance,

Mike