Posted to alt.horology,rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default Unbelievable accuracy from a walmart watch

According to The Baron :

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message

interesting you should make that comment.
here in australia many years ago hungry jack's the australian burger
king clone gave away/sold watches for kids for a dollar.

[ ... ]

a triangular one with a clip was attached by me to the airconditioned
window of our computer room. at a constant 20 degrees C it kept
perfect time for nearly 2 years. certainly far far better time than
our mainframe.

these little quartz circuits can be stunningly accurate.
Stealth Pilot

My experience is that they might run for a week.

The difference might be the environment. Ones on the wrists of
little kids would lead a hard life. One stuck to the window of a
constant temperature computer room was living a charmed life by
comparison.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564