Arg

Default Top vs Bottom posting

I''m with you. I like top posters as it makes it faster to read and
therefore more likely to comment on the return posting.

THis is becuase of Outlook Express showing a tree of messages such that you
can read the original easily. Other newsreaders are not set up the same,
which means [dive for cover] that OE has something better in it than other
newsreaders.

It depends on whether the post is a conversation or a questions also.....
nobody ever seems to comment that top posting works well for one, and bottom
posting for the other.

"Dave" wrote in message
Can someone explain why "bottom posting" is considered better than "top
posting"...

I far prefer posts at the top, simply because the new information can be
read easily and then, if it looks interesting, I can scroll through the
history if I haven't been following the thread. If people post at the
bottom I frequently don't bother scrolling down to read it. Posting at
the bottom would be OK if people didn't insist on quoting all that's
gone before.

Also, why do some people get so worked up about it? Does it cause
problems with some news readers? - it seems OK with Outlook Express and
that's freely available.
(retires to fall-out shelter.....)

--
Dave S
(The email account is a dummy for anti-spam purposes, please reply via