Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Nie

Default OT? need help casing a pocket door

This is probably carpentry vs woodworking.
Have a 4' double pocket door (2'+2') opening with one wall side normal
drywall and the other has two layers of styrofoam insulation attached under
the drywall. It's a 6" wall using a 4" pocket door assembly.

Have built this house from scratch but don't know the best way to layout and
attach the casing. As flexible as the door's frame is I want to use the
casing to stiffen it as much as possible. For the jamb I'm thinking a 1x
screwed into the small openings in the steel frame along with construction
cement. Then bring the casing to the jamb as normal but cement it as well -
?screw to the steel/mdf frame?

Maybe this is best done on ABPW since a picture's worth a .........
Anyway, thanks if someone can help, especially with pictures.

TomNie