Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Advice on which electric scale inhibitor to use.

On 21 Mar 2006 04:28:02 -0800, "
wrote:

I assumed they worked because my plumber installed a magnetic one
inline to the new boiler I brought. I thought it was the same
principle. Are you guys all saying that these don't work either ?

Completely useless.

I guess the word inhibitor rather than preventor is key. It only helps
but does not eliminate.

I've seen demonstrations where water particles run a different way
after going through this type of system. I am trying to prevent water
marks on the shower chome and glass only.

These will not do that.

The choices are phosphate dosing if you want to address scaling, or
ion exchange water softener if you also want to reduce detergent and
shampoo use.

--

..andy