Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Default Advice on which electric scale inhibitor to use.

wrote:
I assumed they worked because my plumber installed a magnetic one
inline to the new boiler I brought. I thought it was the same
principle.

It is the same principle - that idiots will buy any old crap regardless
of whether it works.

Are you guys all saying that these don't work either ?

Yes.

I guess the word inhibitor rather than preventor is key. It only helps
but does not eliminate.

No, it does *nothing*. The wording is irrelevant.

I've seen demonstrations where water particles run a different way
after going through this type of system. I am trying to prevent water
marks on the shower chome and glass only.

Ah, ok, in that case just BUY ONE! You've just demonstrated that you are
a target customer. Just go for it.

--
Grunff