Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Derusting/Mill scale removal with muriatic acid

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 16:08:57 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Dude. Learn to weld. Ouch.

GWE

Cut him a little slack, Grant. He's learning. We told him to
practice, and he's doing it. The welds shown exhibit progress from
earlier examples, and they look to me like they'll suffice for the
job. Nothing sez that learner welds can't be useful.

I've made uglier welds than that and I'll bet you have too, though
you may not remember that far back....

None of us were born knowing how to weld. Welding is learned by
doing. Please don't discourage a guy from doing it.

Ig, you are still far from being a weldor, but you are progessing
nicely. Keep going!

BTW, I also use muriatic acid as a descaler now and then. I prefer
beadblast because it's quicker, but acid works too.