Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default OOOPS!!!

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
Sunworshipper wrote:
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:48:44 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

http://www.jumpingpixels.com/shiphight.html

the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs
22:3

Looks like the bridge is coming down too early.

That appears to be what happened, so I take back my question about whether
the captain was a bit soused.

Maybe it was the bridge operator who was "two sheets to the wind".

Apparently either human error or a mechanical/electrical failure caused
the bridge to lower while the boat was passing under it.

http://tinyurl.com/mwp3z

Jeff

Boy, how would you have liked to be in the wheelhouse and seen THAT coming?
(!) Most of the excitement wasn't shown. Anyone killed or hurt? I know
the links to the newspaper stories were posted, but I didn't go there.
Anyone care to put this in a nutshell or repost links?

Steve