Posted to misc.consumers.house
Tomes

Default over the range microwave vent locations

"v" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:07:36 +0000 (UTC), someone wrote:

... The problem is, there is a exterior-wall stud
right smack in the middle of the microwave's mounting location

Oh the random misfortune.

You COULD cut the stud, frame an opening, and make the equivalent of a
little window for the duct to pass through.

You could also have a pair of openings on either side of the existing
stud. If you really wanted to be belt & suspenders about it I suppose
you 'should' have custom sheet metal so that the stud is not actually
in the exhaust air stream what with fire cods or whatever (but I bet
most people wouldn't actually custom duct it).

That is what I was thinking - pretend the stud is not there and then just
put sheet metal around it so the air flows around the metal.
Tomes