Posted to misc.consumers.house
central_scrutinizer

Default Help choosing a quiet oven? Are there any?

OK... The one I have doesn't do that. It's a Kitchen Aid. Perhaps the
only solution is to put in some acoustical treatment, like QuietRock or
Acoustiblock. Acoustiblock may be a bit easier, since it is a thin (yet
very heavy) sheet, whereas QuietRock is like standard drywall, but
heavier, and really does block out sound. I used it on the common wall
in my condo, and I can't hear my neighbor's toddler throw a tantrum
anymore, so it should help with the oven noise...

Dan -- where is the noise coming from? Is it a vibration in the
cabinet, or is it from the external face of the oven? If it's from the
external face of the oven, I don't know what can be done... If it's
inside the cabinet, then an acoustical treament should work.