Posted to sci.electronics.repair
sck0006

Default Intensity ripple on Tek 465B

On 20 Mar 2006 21:52:38 -0500, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

sck0006 writes:

On 20 Mar 2006 10:15:33 -0500, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

"Andreas Tekman" writes:

Sam Goldwasser wrote:
sck0006 writes:

On 18 Mar 2006 12:40:11 -0500, Sam Goldwasser
wrote:

Does anyone know of a free source for decent quality schematics?
***

Thanks. That would probably be adequate. There's no problem with the text
of the manuals, just the schematics. And this problem would seem to be
associated either with the power supplies or the CRT bias/intensity/Z
input circuits.

I found the 465B manual from bama.sbc.edu is nice: I can read the
schematics easily, and quality is alright for my repair purposes. Sam,
did you try this free source? don't forget about bama mirror at
edebris, for faster download.

Only thing you have to do extra is that you have to install the free
reader, for .djvu format. Even if it is old, it still works adequate.

That looks much better than the ones I have. Thanks. I knew
about the bama Web site but never bothered to download the djvu reader
before.

Any hints on getting pages to print with reasonable quality?

I've got the schematics if you still want them. I was only able to
get horizontal amplifier, crt circuit, power supply, and the power
supply troubleshooting sections. Let me know...

Thanks but I think what I was able to get from the bama Web site is
quite legible, if a pain to print. Printing from within the djvu reader
results in poor quality, at least with my printer. I now export the
page to a .bmp file and print it in sections. I think all I should need
is the CRT circuit and I've printed that.

I'm just surprised that with all the 465Bs out there, no one has come forward
to say they've seen this problem before.

Glad you got what you needed. It is a strange problem that you have,
I hope you can track it down. My T-935A has a problem sort of similar
to what you're describing, but it is by no means periodic noise and
seems to be much more like a dirty intensity pot. It has a chopped
appearance, but just looks like dirty pot noise instead of what you're
describing. I haven't had any desire to take it back apart, too many
other things to do. Best of luck.

Steve