Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Henry

Default OFF TOPIC-GPS advice sought please

"Al A." wrote in message
. ..
snip

Hi Eric,
The website is correct, it won't work indoors, the signal is heavily
attenuated by most construction. I generally use mine in the woods. How
the new england woods compare to where you are, is hard to guess. I am

snip

Some GPSs have better sensitivity than others. The Garmin Nuvi 350 will
lock onto satellites inside our 2-story house, apparently due to its SiRF
receiver, which I gather is a fairly new development in the GPS market. I
do know that it works a heck of a lot better than the Earthmate GPS units
I'd used previously.

Mike