Posted to alt.home.repair
BUGSEY

Default Washer Direct Drive Kenmore or Inglis

I have a direct drive Inglis about 10 years old, 2 speed model. Would
someone tell me if the 2 speeds are attained by gear shifts in the
transmission or does the motor actually go 2 speeds. Any idea which
color wires on either the motor terminal or wiring harness carry the 2
speeds? I'd like to test the speeds as I suspect that maybe one of the
speeds on the motor doesn't work. The thing does spin. On the main wash
cycle you have the letter H which covers the first 10 minutes of the
wash and the the letter L appears for the remainder of the wash cycle
which is about another 6 min. My washer only agitates when the timer
reaches the area below the L. If someone could shed some light I'd
really appreciate this, Bugs