Posted to rec.woodworking
Martie in MO

Default radial arm vs. miter

Wow! You must have had a real bad experience with a RAS Robatoy. I've
had mine for more than twenty years and have used it extensively for
cross-cutting, ripping and dadoing from 1 by stock to 4 X 4 stock and
sheet goods. I've never had an accident with this saw, not because I
was lucky, but because I know how to use it and because I strictly
adhere to and follow the correct procedures when using it. Safety
first!!! For example,why would you pull the saw into the stock toward
you rather than pushing it into the stock away from you which is the
preferred and safe method? I don't know of any power tool, electric or
pneumatic, that is inherently safe since they are all capable of
injuring, maiming or even killing a careless or unqualified user.