bg

Default Every wanted to see a Chinese production facility?

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message . net...
"bg" wrote in message
om...

So, who's selling to them, and what are they selling? You can look it

up.

I dont need to, though it is not really difficult to do. They are
selling telecommunications equipment, machine tools, manufacturing
production lines, power generation equipment, assembly line equipment,
quality control equipment, etc. I see it myself. I ask them numerous
times in numerous facilities, "why dont you buy american goods?" their
reply is usually one of two major reasons: snip

This needs some more work before I'd buy into it, bg. Germany's exports to
China, for example, are just slightly more than half of the US's exports to
China.

Look up the numbers Ed. China overall is not doing that badly when you
look at the worldwide perspective. This means we are not doing a good
job. (we never have).
According to Eurostat:from jan to April 2003
EU15 increased exports to China 22% over same period 2002
They increased imports by 15% in the same

Total trade imbalance during this period was -16.8 billion euros - a
trifle considering the size of the EU15 and the key is that it is
going down.

The Eurozone has similar numbers

The EU 15 has a trade imbalance with the USA of +20.4 billion Euros
and growing.

What this tells me is that we dont do a good job anywhere. My eyes
dont deceive me. If you've been to china, count how many times you saw
American capital equipment in factories. I almost never do. I think
you can go online now and look at the bids that China puts out
publicly for capital machinery. The machines spec'd are almost always
Japanese or european.

Look at it this way:
How far did blaming the japanese in the 1970's take us? It took us
absolutely nowhere. We adapted to different styles of management and
investment to overcome our own problems. we learned from the Japanese.
It was the best thing that ever happened to us. Otherwise we might
today be looking at the big three owned by Japanese instead of two
American co's and one German.(we lost one, didnt we?). We need to do
the same today. This is what we made of it. It was no one elses fault.
Our own automation and technological advances have increased
productivity to the point of losing jobs bigtime. This also has to be
factored in. Darwin was right about everything. we need to adapt.

Ed Huntress