Posted to misc.consumers.house
KLS

Default Shower doors

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 22:28:32 GMT, "ameijers"
wrote:

Personally, for a high-end shower like that, I would have designed a
labyrinth entrance, so no door was needed. Walk around 2 corners, and there
you are. Not a big deal, if you design it into the bathroom footprint from
the get-go.

Exactly so, and so much easier to clean, to boot! In fact, you don't
even need a true labyrinth. My brother's shower is at the end of a
rectangular bathroom with the bathroom entry at the opposite end of
the room. His showerhead is on one of the walls parallel to the
bathroom entrance, and there's a full tiled wall blocking off almost
the entire shower (which is its own little room within this bathroom,
taking up the entire end if I wasn't already clear about that),
leaving space for the shower entrance at the end opposite the
showerhead. No curtain needed, and the entire shower is about six or
seven feet long and about four or five feet wide. You do need to step
down into it. A great design, and very economical if you have the
space.