Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Short doors in house

wrote in message
oups.com...
My house (built in the early 60s) has short doors inside! I was
measuring because I want to replace all the interior doors as these
ones are crappy and one is warped. Anyway, the doors themselves are 78
1/4" high. Not 80" ! Will I even be able to FIND such a door or will
I have to tear out my doorways and rebuild? :-( I'm frowning.

Could they be 80" doors that have been trimmed to clear thick carpeting or
throw rugs? Can you trim an 80" door that much and still have it look right?
With flush doors, that would be easy enough, but a paneled door may look cut
with a thinner bottom.