Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default Short doors in house

wrote:
My house (built in the early 60s) has short doors inside! I was
measuring because I want to replace all the interior doors as these
ones are crappy and one is warped. Anyway, the doors themselves are 78
1/4" high. Not 80" ! Will I even be able to FIND such a door or will
I have to tear out my doorways and rebuild? :-( I'm frowning.

You should be able to find doors which will suit your taste which you
could trim down to that length.

If the top and bottom sections of the new doors are solid wood it should
be a no brainer.

If they are hollow core doors you might have to glue in some filler
strips if the ones in them aren't "tall" enough take sawing an inch off
the top and bottom of the door.

HTH,

Jeff

--