Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JR North

Default Need Sony Handycam Advice!

It's hammered. Buy another one on Ebay-cheap, and this time, don't drop it.
JR

guerilla warefare wrote:
Hi. Recently, my Sony Handycam was dropped to the ground - not very
hard, mind you. But now, when I attempt to "Record", both the
viewfinder window and the lense don't show any picture except fuzzy,
complete total darkness. However, when I play back stuff I've recorded
earlier, before the drop, the viewfinder and lense work fine.

So now I'm wondering - what happened? Was the battery just damaged and
it has to be recharged or replaced, which could be done easily . . . or
did something terrible happen like the lense getting screwed up and
this is the end of my Handycam's days?! What am I gonna do?!

I need advice. Thanks.