Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour

Default Haze on Semi-gloss Poly

Toller wrote:
"Mark" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I'm working on a coffee table for a client, and I would normally go to
a high gloss finish. I'm trying a semi-gloss (per customers
requirements) and I'm getting a haze on the final coat. It's only been
24 hours, I'm thinking I wait a few days and buff it with 600 wet/dry
and soapy water. Is this because of the driers in the finish? Any other
suggestions? The client doesn't want a high gloss.
Mark

http://www.furniturebymark.com/WhatsInWork.html

Semigloss has an additive that makes it semigloss. It also clouds the film.
Assuming you have put on more than one coat either use gloss for all but the
final coat, or use gloss for all and dull with steel wool.

A lot of floor finishers do it that way - gloss on all coats except the
last one.