Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper

Default Lathe book for the utterly clueless

Ok, now that I have stopped laughing....

Why bother with the library?.. when you have one of the greatest tools
at your fingertips... GOOGLE and the INTERNET.

Thanks for the laughs! I'm sure LeGuin would have loved that!

"Dhakala" hacked up a hairball and the stain left behind looked like this:

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article .com,
Dhakala wrote:

Which one do you frequent, Dave?

http://www.publib.saskatoon.sk.ca/

My point is, if you're really clueless about a lathe (and not simply
trolling here) then you'd be well off to go to your local library (the
main branch is likely to have the best collection) and spend some time
around 684 (Dewey Decimal System). That will give you enough
familiarity with basic terminology to be able to evaluate the
recommendations you'll get.

That's a lot to read into a three word reply, I admint...

OK, I found the right book, I think. It's called, "The Lathe of
Heaven," by some guy named Ursula K. LeGuin.

No, I'm not *that* clueless! :-)