Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Tylicki

Default Freud or CMT saw blade

FWW did a test a couple years back and confirmed what most of us already
believed. The WWII won hands down.

It escapes me now which one, but one of the far less expensive blades
finished second.

"BD" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks but is the Forrest blade really worth the extra cost. Maybe.
Also, whats the wisdom on thin kerf blades. I don't think wood waste
is a viable bonus for most applications. The only upside I think makes
sense is that its less work for the saw but that has been counter by
those that say with a sharp blade it doesn't matter. The down-side
that makes the most sense is that the thin kerf blades have more flex
and vibrations.

Again CMT or Freud?