Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default Moving Myford Lathe

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 23:42:13 +0000, David Billington
wrote:

Before removing the headstock I would check whether you are going to
have to redo the headstock alignment after replacing it and if so
whether you have the equipment and are prepared to do that. From my
little knowledge of the Myford, 2 of my immediate neighbours have them,
its not a heavy lathe and would have thought other means could be
employed to avoid having to remove the headstock assembly.

wrote:

We are moving house and need to get my Myford Super 7 up the basement
stairs. To reduce the weight, I would like to remove the motor and the
headstock. Unfortunately, I have misplaced the handbook and need to
know what is involved in removing the headstock assembly.

HOWEVER
Removing the headstock also reduces the maximum hight of the lathe,
making it SIGNIFICANTLY easier to maneuver up the stairs ----------
Mine is in the garage for several pretty good reasons.