SteveB

Default Advice needed - steel furniture design

"Sb083459" wrote in message
I'm designing a piece of computer related furniture to be made primarily

out of
rectangular steel tubing and I'd like to have a prototype made, to be

followed
by small scale production on a monthly basis. I'd appreciate any advice on

the
best (i.e. cheapest) way to go about this (e.g. sourcing the tubing and

having
the fabrication, welding and finishing done myself, or contracting the

whole
process out to a furniture manufacturer).

I've searched for ready made components, such as steel table legs, that I

could
possibly use instead of having them built from scratch, but prices are

quite
high. Does anyone know of a good source for such items? TIA.

If you are willing to do the work yourself, there is no limit to what you
can build. If you just want to use square tubing, round tubing, flat bar,
etc, you will find all you need at local suppliers. If you want decorative
legs and components, check with decorativeiron.com for legs and such.

When you compare what it costs to build it yourself, there IS no comparison
to buying or having someone else do the work.

Steve