Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

Default Cleaning stains/deposits on Satillo tile

bill allemann wrote:
when the tiles are new, will they be stained by the dye in the grout
mix? If so, does the grout need to be closely matched to the tile
color,
or is there another solution?
thanks
bill

I didn't use grout per se, used masonry mortar, uncolored. But any
cementacious material - colored or not - could stain them. It
wipes/washes off if you don't wait too long but I sealed mine (with the
acrylic) before grouting to make things easier. The sand in the mortar
tears that up a bit as one pushes the mortar around so I do another coat
of acrylic after the tiles/mortar dry before topcoating both with poly.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...