Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay

Default Can someone recover damages for my plants growing on their property?

"Loc Swim" wrote in message
I have this crazy neighbor that I'm trying hard to live with. Worse
then a problem with a wife ( at least you have a chance of some
benefits from the wife.)

Anyway, Crazy Neighbor started ranting at me this morning when I got
the paper ( I swear she looks out the window and waits for me.) Her
complaint was some of bamboo ( I guess that is what it is ) in my yard
has sprouted in her yard 2-3 yards from the fence. She said she had
to have her "yard man" poison it and she wanted me to pay for the
Round Up.

I'm new to the neighborhood and I don't want to make waves, but I have
no idea of paying crazy neighbor. I realize she can sue me for
anything she wants but that doesn't mean she will win or recover $$
for any damages.

As I said, she is crazy. As in the Bat **** Crazy / Mean Crazy, not
the "Ol she is a sweat Little Old Lady" - don't mind the 50 cats in
her house, she is a little off.

So, does anyone know if I would be irresponsible for my plants growing
into her yard? I know that laws vary from State to State and county
to county, but in general, can someone give me some advice regarding
this?

LS

Loc:

What state or province are you located in? City and county would help too.
(Not trying to find you, we have enough crazies here in Washington without
yours!) but if you give us some more info a quick web search may answer your
question.

Jay