Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

Default Can someone recover damages for my plants growing on their property?

Very interesting. This could be a court case and it could go either
way. It is a well-known fact that bamboo can cause extensive damage
to property due to the aggressive nature of the plant. The plant can
easily travel underground 15 feet or so and grow through asphalt and
break up concrete. If it were me, I'd cut the bamboo back several
feet from the property line or if you don't want to maintain it remove
it altogether. In any event it's always good to try to get along
with neighbors. Bake her with a tray of brownies and tell her you
intend to control your bamboo.