Posted to alt.home.repair
TC

Default Sprinkler head adjustment

TC wrote:

I have a Hunter strip sprinkler (4" popup) - SS530 nozzle. They spray
to the sides just fine but in the front, they spray down. It says 5
feet out, but this guy is only shooting 15" before it hits the ground.
Plenty of pressure, just aiming down. Can these be adjusted or do I
need a different nozzle?

Problem solved. I took a file and filed down the middle part of the
nozzle (the part that directs the spray down). Working now, but what a
pain. According to the Hunter web site, this should be able to spray 5'
X 30'. The only way you'll get the 5' (in front of the head) is to put
in up about 3' above the ground.